18 October 2009

Baltimore, Minneapolis, and Mexico...

Whew; I just returned from a whirlwind tour of Mexico with colleagues from 10 other Canadian Universities and Colleges. 6 cities in 7 days! That's a lot of ground covered...

We started on the East coast in the city of Tampico, and after just enough time to catch our breath (and for lost luggage to catch up to us), we were off to Puerto Vallarta on the West coast! Each day involved at least one visit to a high school, at least 45 minutes on a plane, and a new hotel room for the following week as we traveled to Guadalajara, Queretaro Monterrey and Mexico City.

I think the best part about traveling with a group is that I spend a lot less time in my hotel room (although this tends to mean I spend less time keeping up with my work...), and get to experience more in the cities I'm visiting (even if I'm only there for a few hours!!).

Prior to traveling through Mexico, I attended events in Baltimore and Minneapolis. I also had a free day to explore Washington D.C. for the first time. I've just started reading Dan Brown's "The Lost Symbol", so it's kind of neat to know which buildings he's talking about in D.C.

In the time I spent in the US, I was able to see M & T Stadium (where the Ravens play), Oriole Park at Camden Yards, the Metrodome, and the Verizon Centre! In Baltimore I was fortunate enough to attend a reception at M&T Stadium; we had games on the main concourse and a band playing in the Club Level! It was really neat to see what it's like in that 'off-limits' area!

No comments: