25 September 2009

Baltimore College Fair and Conference

This week I travelled to Baltimore to attend a huge College Fair as well as a Conference, both hosted by an organization called the National Association for College Admission Counselling (NACAC).

I met a lot of great students; most came over to say "hello" because they realized that I am from a school in Canada. Students in the US are starting to realize that studying in Canada is a great option; the cost is usually lower, the admissions process is generally not as daunting, and students can get an international experience without going too far away from home.

During the conference, I have been able to connect with a lot of Guidance/College/Career Counsellors from around the world. There are close to 6000 people here for the conference; it's huge! One of the neat highlights was a reception hosted by the Government of Canada; more than 250 people came, including the Washington correspondent for CBC, Henry Champ! More about Champ can be found at http://www.cbc.ca/news/reportsfromabroad/champ/ .

I was also fortunate enough to have a free day, and I took a commuter train from Baltimore into Washington D.C. It was my first visit there, and it was amazing! The National Capital here is certainly a much bigger deal than the National Capital in Canada (Ottawa), and one day was not enough time to even scratch the surface of what the city has to offer. I can't wait to have another chance to go back and explore even further!

1 comment:

Julie Furber said...

You are radical and I think you ROCK!